About

JUST A SERIES OF RANDOM REVIEWS AND THOUGHTS BY A NORMAL (OK, SEVERELY ABNORMAL) UNEMPLOYED COLLEGE STUDENT.

Monday, June 3, 2013

Star Trek: Into Darkness

     First I'm going to mention how I have never watched anything relating to Star Trek apart from bits and pieces of episodes, but I do know the basic premise of Star Trek and many things that have happened in the shows and movies. I am not a fan of Star Trek at all and really could not care about it at all. I did not want to see this movie, and only saw it because my friends were all going. I don't know if that all had an impact on this review, but I would not be surprised if it is.

     Overall I thought this movie was OK. I thought the story was boring, obvious, and predictable. There was absolutely no suspense and unless you have never heard of Star Trek before seeing the movie, there are absolutely no surprises. The only thing I thought was good about the movie was the acting, special effects, and Simon Pegg. Every scene involving Simon Pegg, I loved, everything else, was boring. The one thing I absolutely hated was the terrible shooting of the movie. The constant movement of the camera, switching back and forth from things for no reason, and the lens flares were beyond annoying. I much rather would have not seen the movie at all.

     Unless you are a fan of Star Trek I would not suggest seeing this movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment