About

JUST A SERIES OF RANDOM REVIEWS AND THOUGHTS BY A NORMAL (OK, SEVERELY ABNORMAL) UNEMPLOYED COLLEGE STUDENT.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

The Hobbit

     The Hobbit is the latest Lord of the Rings movie that takes place before the first three. It is the story of Bilbo Baggins, Frodo's uncle, and the unexpected journey that he took in his younger days. A couple of years ago I read the book and loved it and am very happy that the movie stays true to the book. They also have added parts to the movie from other books to help tell the story for those not familiar with the other goings on in middle earth. The story is absolutely amazing and never bored me, though for those not very into things such as Lord of the Rings it could get a bit boring. They added a lot of humor to the story that helps with the enjoyment of the movie but to me seemed out of place at times mostly because you don't really think humor when you think of The Lord of the Rings. During test screening, the had the movie run at higher frames per second than is usual for a movie (48fps instead of 24fps) to make it more realistic but many people thought it made it seem less realistic such as seeing how fake the beards and makeup were and making the CG look too cartoonish. I thought it looked great and I was never taken out of the experience for such things. If anything I thought everything looked way more realistic as intended. As I watched the movie I wondered why everything looks so great until I remembered reading that story. I hope that they will continue with that technology in the future and adapt it for more movies and even up the fps more. They plan on making 2 more movies for Bilbo's adventure and I cannot wait to see them.

     If you are a fan of the Lord of the Rings movies or even never saw them but enjoy adventure movies I highly recommend seeing it unless you don't like sitting and watching a movie for almost 3 hours, then maybe wait for it to come out on blu-ray and dvd and take it in parts. Personally I never had any problem with the length and instead thought it helped the movie. If you have never seen or read a Lord of the Rings story then this would be a great place to start.

No comments:

Post a Comment