About

JUST A SERIES OF RANDOM REVIEWS AND THOUGHTS BY A NORMAL (OK, SEVERELY ABNORMAL) UNEMPLOYED COLLEGE STUDENT.

Friday, June 15, 2012

Making Money

I haven't been able to find a job since my seasonal job last holiday season so I've been trying to find ways to make and save money. A couple of months ago I started following a blog called 10 to the 6th where the creator is trying to turn the money he makes off of his blog into a million dollars. I have gotten a couple of good ideas off of him and there are a couple more I have tried in the past. For more money making/saving tips don't forget to check out 10 to the 6th.

Copper Pennies
The best idea I got from 10 to the 6th is collecting copper pennies. Pennies that were made before, and some during 1982 were made out of 95% copper and 5% zinc. When the price of copper to make a penny was more than the penny was worth, pennies were changed to being made from 97.5% zinc and 2.5% copper. People have started collecting the copper pennies so that when the penny is discontinued in the US the ban on melting pennies down will be lifted and the copper penny collectors will be able to melt them down for their copper value. Currently every penny is worth 2.24 cents so getting a large amount of them can be a great investment. Many people are holding onto the pennies for the future, but seeing as how I need money more now than I probably will in the future I am collecting the pennies and selling them on ebay to those who are collecting for the future.

Silver Coins
After getting into copper penny collecting I did more research on the subject and came across silver coins. Quarters were made of silver from 1932 until 1964, dimes from 1946 to 1964, and nickels from 1942 to 1945. If you find those coins you could made a larger amount of money than the pennies since they are worth dollars each, but they are much rarer and more time consuming to find. My brother has been collecting coins over the last school year to then cash in later, but after searching through his big collection of coins he only found one dime.

Superpoints
I started using Superpoints months ago but it was 10 to the 6th that got be back into it. Superpoints is a website where you take surveys and watch ads for points, then redeem those points for rewards like gift cards or money sent to your paypal account. There is also a button to click that can give you free points if you're lucky enough. You can sign up for free, but if you use my referral link you can get bonus points.
Just use my link HERE then sign up and start earning points for free money.

Blog Writing
Anyone can start a blog, and you can write about anything you want. As long as you write about interesting things and link your account to google's adsense you can make money. I myself have had this blog for about  4 months and have made 80 dollars so far. I would have made a much bigger amount but I have been lazy and haven't updated it as often as I should. That being something I am trying to work on this summer and hopefully I will update more often. As long as you update often you can make a pretty good amount of money.

My next blog post will be about ways I save money.

No comments:

Post a Comment