About

JUST A SERIES OF RANDOM REVIEWS AND THOUGHTS BY A NORMAL (OK, SEVERELY ABNORMAL) UNEMPLOYED COLLEGE STUDENT.

Saturday, May 12, 2012

War Horse

It's been a while since I last posted something, mostly because I haven't really been experiencing new things until tonight when I watched War Horse with my family. After this I will hopefully end up writing more posts.

Steven Spielberg has graced this world with yet again with another masterpiece in cinematography with War Horse.

War Horse is the story of a boy who gets a horse that everyone but him doubts at it's abilities. It takes place right before and during WWI. After training the horse named Joey, Albert has to give up Joey after his father sells Joey to the British army for the war effort so that he can pay the rent on the family farm. The story then continues to show what is happening to Joey during the war.

I have to be completely honest and say that I almost came to tears many times in this movie because of sadness and happiness. I loved the story entirely and did not get bored of it at all. It shows a side of WWI that many people never knew existed, that being the horses' role in the war on both sides, but I don't think it showed enough.

It is really hard to explain how much I loved the movie and what parts I loved most without having spoilers, and I want to stay away from a spoiler section because I know many people look in spoiler sections and wish they never did in the first place (me) and ends up ruining main parts of stories.

If you have not yet seen War Horse, I highly recommend you see it, no matter what genre you prefer.

No comments:

Post a Comment