About

JUST A SERIES OF RANDOM REVIEWS AND THOUGHTS BY A NORMAL (OK, SEVERELY ABNORMAL) UNEMPLOYED COLLEGE STUDENT.

Monday, April 30, 2012

Game of Thrones (show)

     Game of Thrones is by far my favorite show of the last few years. It starts off strong in the beginning scenes and keeps going with one of the greatest stories a show has ever had, thanks to the books in the series called A Song of Ice and Fire written by George R.R. Martin, which the show was adapted by. Game of Thrones Pulled me in immediately and kept me in the story constantly interested in what was going on, making me want more and more and never wanting to stop watching it. I watched the entire first season and the first 2 episodes of the second in 2 days and the only reason I am not watching it right now as I am typing this is because of internet problems which is causing problems with HBO's streaming service on Xbox Live called HBO GO.

   Game of Thrones has made me feel for the characters in all emotions especially my hate for the Lannister family, except for Tyrion, and my love for the Stark family which I am sure is exactly what the show's creators aimed for.

     The acting is so great show-wide that you forget you are watching a show and instead think that you are watching something that is actually happening since everyone is so believable. Every actor gets their character's personality perfect and it is easy to figure out how they are, until they surprise you with a twist to reveal their true intentions.

     The visuals are something to marvel at. All special effects look completely realistic and the settings always look magnificent. From the snowy forests of the north to the city streets of King's Landing, the areas the show takes place in couldn't be more perfect to help tell the story.

     If you have yet to see Game of Thrones I extremely highly suggest you start watching it especially if you love the fantasy genre.

2 comments:

  1. I am convinced that GoT is the reason why television was invented...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to have to start watching this, great recommendation!

    ReplyDelete