About

JUST A SERIES OF RANDOM REVIEWS AND THOUGHTS BY A NORMAL (OK, SEVERELY ABNORMAL) UNEMPLOYED COLLEGE STUDENT.

Sunday, March 25, 2012

Surrogates

I know it has been out for a while, but I finally ended up watching it. I think that a lot of the reviews I saw for it saying it was complete crap was way too harsh. I enjoyed the movie, and thought it was a really cool look into a weird version of the near future that I have never seen before. Although I enjoyed it I still had the constant feeling that there was something missing. There wasn't really much of a mystery going on except about the gun that kills surrogates and their controllers, but it seemed like they tried to add more to it. That key word of course being 'tried' since they really didn't accomplish it. The last part I really didn't like was how the ending was really abrupt and really didn't make me care about what happened. I was really hoping for it to be a good movie, but I guess every great looking movie can't fulfill the hype.

9 comments:

  1. Nice review, still I haven't seen it yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent seen it either but I heard the same reviews as you did and decided to pass. Bro follow me back here and twitter.com/curious_ape10

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah haven't seen it either but thanks for the heads up bro. :]

    ReplyDelete
  4. I liked that it was at least something fresh. Execution was flawed but it was an interesting idea. I think in the hands of the right director, it could've been better.

    follow back twitter.com/peepspoker

    ReplyDelete
  5. i agree on the reviews being harsh, but still i think the movie averall was crap :X

    ReplyDelete
  6. I see loads of people saying movies were crap but they must have been in a bad mood when they watched it because i hardly ever see a bad tv show or movie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to watch it in the near future :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I definitely enjoyed surrogates when i watched it about 6 or 7 months ago. Then again i find that my take on movies is usually the polar opposite of what critics say

    ReplyDelete