About

JUST A SERIES OF RANDOM REVIEWS AND THOUGHTS BY A NORMAL (OK, SEVERELY ABNORMAL) UNEMPLOYED COLLEGE STUDENT.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Mass Effect 3

So after 26 hours of playing Mass Effect 3 since midnight launch (not playing straight without sleeping) I finally beat Mass Effect 3. Only one word can describe it..."AWESOME!" This game is truly amazing. Bioware has finished the trilogy with the greatest game yet. I could not have wished for a better end to the trilogy except for two parts (see spoiler for part 1 if you dare). and part two, it leaves a lot of questions.

The story pulls you in so much that all you want is more, and it constantly gives you an amazing story that you feel keeps going (in a good way) but of course must come to an end. you tie up a lot of loose ends with people you have met and learn a lot about things that have happened in the background of the games.

The combat has been greatly improved since the last two games, and no longer feels like a purely RPG game which the second game tried to do but in my mind didn't fully accomplish. The weapon selection is great and adds more with the weapon mods, but I found myself using the same exact weapons and mods for my character and squad members. The powers have also been greatly improved and are more effective than the last games giving you more options to take down you're enemies. The last couple of games I always found myself using only my weapons and occasionally my powers, but in this game I was always using a combination of them both to effectively take down my enemies.

PLEASE  NO COMMENTING WITH SPOILERS


*******************SPOILER**************SPOILER*****************SPOILER***********
*******SPOILER**************SPOILER****************SPOILER***********************
*******************SPOILER**************SPOILER*****************SPOILER***********
*******SPOILER**************SPOILER****************SPOILER***********************

OK so the first part that I didn't like is that no matter what you do, shepherd dies, everyone loses the advanced technology including the citadel and mass relays. in a way I hate it, but also when I thought about it, its something different, in a good way of course, and the endings are quite poetic. but in any case, shouldn't have left so many questions.
SPOILER EDIT: so it ends up shepherd can survive, you just need your military rating thing at over 5000 which requires a combination of single and multi player. soooo... mass effect 4?

3 comments:

  1. I just started playing Mass Effect 2 in preparation to play through 3... figured it would be a waste to jump right in to the latest one having skipped the last... unbelievable game so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make this game sound so fun! I want to play it right now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The first one was cool too.

    I have ME1 and ME2 but don't feel like I have the time for ME3 so I don't have it yet :(

    ReplyDelete