About

JUST A SERIES OF RANDOM REVIEWS AND THOUGHTS BY A NORMAL (OK, SEVERELY ABNORMAL) UNEMPLOYED COLLEGE STUDENT.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

I Am Alive

I played the trial for the game, and I have to say that it really intrigued me. It's another post apocalyptic game. There really isn't much information as to how the apocalypse happened, and I'm sure it is explained later in the game. I like how it seems to be an apocalypse that you usually font see in a game. There's a lot of talk about earthquakes and dust but what it was caused by wasn't told in the trial.

The only thing in the story that is given in the trial is that the man you play as, didn't really catch his name, nor did I care, was on the east coast of the US and traveled west for about a year to find his wife and daughter. When you get to his apartment they of course aren't there but a letter was left from a year earlier. So what i can gather, the game is about a man finding his family in a post apocalyptic world.

The game play seems pretty cool with some OK combat mechanics and travel methods. It has the climbing mechanics that you see or the saboteur (pretty good but not as good as Assassin's Creed's climbing), but with a stamina bar that slowly drains or goes faster when doing more tiring things like jumping from one ledge to another. There is also a rope that you can use, which isn't in the trial, to swing from one ledge to another. The combat comes down to basically just threatening people with a gun with no ammo, shooting them if you find A bullet (emphasis on the 'A' on purpose), and cutting people up with a machete. It's nothing special but works for the game.

The visuals are dreary as it should be with a game that has such a theme. As much of the game I saw, almost everything is in black and white with faint color showing, which looks really cool. That's about all I have to say about that.

5 comments:

  1. Very interesting. I will look it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Post-apo is the best setting for a game. +2 at the beggining.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another game made ​​on the wave of post-apo popularity, but it's worth seeing, I think.

    ReplyDelete