About

JUST A SERIES OF RANDOM REVIEWS AND THOUGHTS BY A NORMAL (OK, SEVERELY ABNORMAL) UNEMPLOYED COLLEGE STUDENT.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Popcorn

Let me begin with saying this: I LOVE MICROWAVEABLE POPCORN. I love it so much that I have even found ways to get the most out of it, and I'll tell you my method.

First I take the bag and unfold it then I proceed to mush around the kernels and the butter flavoring.
Then I put the popcorn in the microwave and set it for any time over 3 minutes just to be safe.
After that I wait and listen to the popping noise and enjoy the awesome smell of popcorn, waiting to hear for when the popping gets to slow down.
When the popping starts to get to about a pop every couple seconds I take it out.
Then if the bag isn't, I open it just a tiny bit, turn it upside-down and shake it over a trash can to get any unpopped kernels out without any popcorn getting out..
Then I open the bag completely and shake the bag up for about 20 seconds, making sure that the butter has evenly coated the popcorn and get any extra off the sides of the bag.
Lastly I just simple put it in a bowl and enjoy.

For all I know, this could be common knowledge, but just to be safe I'd like to get this out there and let others know how to get the best out of one of the greatest snacks known to man (and woman).

My favorite brand?
I LOVE Pop Secret Extra Butter. I've tried many brands and varieties and this is the one I cant get enough of. In my opinion, Orville Redenbacher's isn't buttery enough, no matter the kind, it leave a nasty odor in my house, and the overall taste doesn't appeal to me much. Pop Weaver is another brand I don't like. It has even less butter than Orville Redenbacher's and not a lot of popcorn in each bag. Don't make me stop you from trying these brands, by all means buy them. You mights end up liking them like my brother who loves Orville Redenbacher's, and the only thing I want is for you to get the best out of your popcorn eating experience.

1 comment:

  1. Damn! I have never thought about shaking out the unpoped ones! Your a genius!

    ReplyDelete