About

JUST A SERIES OF RANDOM REVIEWS AND THOUGHTS BY A NORMAL (OK, SEVERELY ABNORMAL) UNEMPLOYED COLLEGE STUDENT.

Friday, February 3, 2012

Mass Effect: Deception

OK, so this one isn't really a review but more of how pissed I am about it. I was so happy when they announced that another mass effect book was coming out, but my happiness level went way down when I found out that Drew Karpyshyn, the writer of the other Mass Effect books wasn't writing Deception. I thought to myself, "well I'm sure that the new guy will at least get things right such as lore elements and I'm sure that he'll be able to continue the story of the books since they chose him." But no, it ends up that the entire book is filled with nothing but flaws. So many that fans started a Google doc correcting every error in the book, and it continues to grow as people find new mistakes. It saddens me greatly that the book is so horrible, and I dare not buy it just so I can read it and be even more disappointed and confused as i read through the countless mistakes. Although I would love to know how the story of the other books continues/ends (don't know which the book deals with) there is no way that I would waste my money on it. I just hope that they come out with a new version of the book written by Drew Karpyshyn.

Of course I haven't read the book so I really can't actually say that it is horrible, but so many upset fans can't be wrong....

UPDATE: so my mom ended up preordering it for me before Christmas and I just got it today, so when I read it I'll give an actual review on it, but it may take a while since I have 4 other books in like before it.

No comments:

Post a Comment